The tables below have been taken from the COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report Week 51, which can be downloaded here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-surveillance-reports
The report states “By 19 December 2021, the overall vaccine uptake in England for dose 1 was 68.2% and for dose 2 was 62.6%. Overall vaccine uptake in England in people with at least 3 doses was 38.9%”
According to the latest figures from the ONS “In mid-2019, the population of the UK reached an estimated 66.8 million”.
The data in the tables below is as set out in the report. The summations and percentage calculations are mine.
The tables also state “[These data should be interpreted with caution. See information below in footnote about the correct interpretation of these figures]”.
All 3 tables have the following footnotes:
*individuals whose NHS numbers were unavailable to link to the NIMS
1 In the context of very high vaccine coverage in the population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would occur in vaccinated individuals, simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated and no vaccine is 100% effective. This is especially true because vaccination has been prioritised in individuals who are more susceptible or more at risk of severe disease. Individuals in risk groups may also be more at risk of hospitalisation or death due to non-COVID-19 causes, and thus may be hospitalised or die with COVID-19 rather than because of COVID-19.
Note: There is no definition of “risk group”
Table 10 is additionally caveated with:
** number of deaths of people who had had a positive test result for COVID-19 and either died within 60 days of the first positive test or have COVID-19 mentioned on their death certificate.
Therefore, and to quote official Government data:
By 19th December 2021:
- 44.6 million people have been jabbed and 21.2 million have not
- 41.8 million have received 2 jabs
- 26.0 million have received the booster (3rd jab)
Between week 47 and 50:
- 65.2% of cases reported had received one or more jabs
- 92,904 cases reported NHS numbers were unavailable to link to the National Immunisation Management System
- 8299 cases (0.57% of reported cases) resulted in an overnight patient admission
- 54.3% of inpatient admissions had received one or more jab
- The group most likely to be admitted to emergency care are double jabbed
- 73.24% of deaths within 28 days of positive COVID-19 test had one or more jabs
- Significantly more jabbed over 50’s are dying than un-jabbed over 50’s
© porkchopper 2021